Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fashion Show - Hippie

HIPPIE


The theme of today's fashion show is 'Hippie'. Let me briefly introduce you what is 'hippie'. A hippie is a person who raised under the ideological system that came out of the tumultuous 1960's North America and western Europe. They are either of the flower-child or that generations' subsequent offspring. They possess a core belief set revolving around the values of peace and love as being essential in an increasingly globalized society, and they are oftentimes associated with non-violent anti-governmental groups. Hippie fashion and values have a major effect on culture, television, influencing pop music, film, literature and arts. Today's fashion show has been done by Diploma in Fashion & Retail Design Semester 2's students. There have eight designs. 




First, the design of this dress looks very hippie. The blue, dark pink and green shapes cover the entire dress. It is good that the designer put flowers on her hair. 





Second, she is wearing an ethnic print shirt with a dark pink dress. The designer cuts the shirt and uses the down part of the shirt as the accessories. It is a good try.  






Third, this dress is nice. I like the combination of blue, purple and pink. Her hair also looks good with the dress. I like it :D.






Fourth, the pants are the point. Folkloric print pants with a simple singlet. I don't really like this kind of pants. It looks like men wear beach pants.   





Fifth, it is quite a good idea. The designer uses a scarf and to tie it. The model puts her fingers into the pocket is to point out there has a pocket.






Sixth, she is wearing a black vest with a high waist belt. It is very simple. Her red hair adds lots of marks to the outfits. She is also holding a red balloon as the accessories. 





Seventh, it is high waist pants but the designer puts it as low waist pants. I don't really like this type of pants, but I like the up part of her. Her make-up has a good match with the top and accessories.





Last, we can always see this type of outfits in our live. While I am thinking it does not have any special, suddenly I see something special. When she turns back, I see a symbol of peace. It is good to present hippie.







I have seen the semester 2's students fashion show before, which is Denim. It is my second time to watch theirs show. They are exploring their ideas in today's fashion show, compare to their previous show, I think they are getting improved. I am expecting to watch their next fashion show :D.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment