Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wednesday Night Blues Dancing


BLUES DANCING 

Do you have any idea about blues dance? When I first heard it, I was like huh? What it is? I only know it is one kind of musics, but I do not know it is also one kind of dances. It opened up my curiosity and I told me myself must try it! 


Moment while people were dancing



In Sid's Pub, they are having blues dancing on every Wednesday. It is located at The Village, Bangsar South. It starts at 9pm and ends at 11.30pm every Wednesday. There has no entry fee, it means it is free. However, because of the pub lends the space for us to dance for free, so it is recommended to buy a drink to support them. When I reached Sib's Pub at 9pm, outside looked nothing different with a normal pub. However, after I entered the pub, there has an empty space for people dancing. That space is only for blues dancers. There has a short beginner class at 9pm, so do not worry if you do not know how to dance. After registered, the organizer taught us the basic steps first. It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes and outfit. After we catch up, we started to dance. 


Light was getting darker, the empty space turned into dance floor and more people were coming. Blues dance is a partner dance, so it is easily to make friends too. One of the experienced dancers recommended me to dance with more different people, so that I can learn from everyone. I was shy at first, but not anymore after danced with few people. I danced with different people and learned their skills. Luckily, they were willing to share to me too. At 11.30pm, the music stopped and people started leaving. It is definitely the best plan for Wednesday night. I love the music and environment, so if I have time I would go and dance again, see you! 💃



No comments:

Post a Comment